श्रीकृष्ण की नीति
Is the Policy of Shree Krishna still relevant ? Explanation of Shree Krishna Policy
Completely immerse yourself in your work.
Whatever you feel pertinent,
Do it properly, with full focus.
Devotion, Sadhana, Service, Meditation, Austerity, Friendship, Family, Love, whatever you do, do it with total concentration.
Everything about character of Shree Krishna is unique. We instinctively sense a connection with each incident of his life, as He intentionally responded to problems like a normal person. There are many events which inspire our inner mind. Everybody knows the tales of Mahabharata, and reads them with relish. There is a particular event during Mahabharata war, when the war was at its peak. Bhishma Pitamah was the commander. Duryodhan visited Shree Krishna and requested for assistance, and Shree Krishna replied – certainly, I shall assist. Yudhishthir also approached Shree Krishna with a similar request, and Shree Krishna also promised him of full assistance. Isn’t it strange? He promised assistance to both and then smilingly stated that He will not fight in this war. He asked one party to choose Him, and the other to choose His army.
Duryodhan thought that an unarmed Shree Krishna will be of no use. The army will be useful, and it will increase the number of my soldiers. The Pandavas got frustrated and they requested Shree Krishna – Please stay with us, guide us and become our commander. Shree Krishna said – No, it is not possible. I shall stay with you but will not pick up any arms in this Dharma-yudh. You select someone else as your general. Yes, it is certain that I shall guide you. Pandavas again requested that if you will not fight, will stay out of war, then how will you guide us.
Shree Krishna simply said that I will stay continuously with you as charioteer of Arjuna. You follow my directions. I will keep guiding you each moment. Pandavas had full faith on Shree Krishna and they were confident that if Shree Krishna is with us, then we will certainly be victorious.
The General of Kauravas, Bhishma Pitamah had wreaked havoc all around on the ninth day of the war. He alone completely overshadowed the entire Pandava army. Bhishma Pitamah was renowned for staying true to his words and vows. He believed that he ought to fulfil his promise, even by giving up his own life. Shree Krishna was tied to his pledge of staying un-armed, while Bhishma Pitamah was spitting fire on the Pandava army, it seemed that Bhishma Pitamah will defeat the Pandavas in few moments.
Shree Krishna was quietly noticing all the events, and He knew that Arjuna was incapable of defeating Bhishma. However, He had promised Arjuna that the Pandavas will triumph. The valiant Bhishma was destroying the Pandava army, and Shree Krishna picked up a chariot wheel to stop Bhishma Pitamah. However Bhishma Pitamah knew that Shree Krishna was a form of God, and he smilingly put away his arms and stood with folded hands.
Bhisma Pitamah- “Lord! You had promised to not pick up any arm in this war, you yourself are the God, how can you break your own promise?”
Shree Krishna- “Hey Bhishma! You are extremely wise. You never break your word or vow, and so you are called Bhishma, but probably you don’t know that the protection of Truth and Religion is much important to me compared to breaking a vow. You are stuck to your vows and promises, but you are helping the adharma (evil) in fulfilling your vows.”
Yada Yada He Dharmasya Glaanirbhavati Bharat |
Abhyutthanamadharmsya Tadaatmaanam Srijaamyaham ||
Remember, whenever anyone tries to destroy religion in the world, I will descend and incarnate on the earth to destroy the evil. In-spite of being a human being, you could not break your vow and are cooperating with the evil, but as God I am breaking my vow to protect the religion. If any of my promise or vow impacts Truth or Religion, then that promise does not mean anything to me, and I am ready to break hundreds of such vows to protect Religion. If someone is destroying Religion in front of you, and you do not take any step against it, then you are also contributing to this Sin.
How precise and profound are the words of Lord Shree Krishna. It inspires us to defend the truth, to protect the religion at the cost of our every interest, promise or compulsion. We should not make excuses for our selfishness or compulsions. We should continuously transform us for the sake of the Truth.
Whatever you Do – Do with Total Dedication –
Therefore, Krishna became known as Shree Krishna, became known as Jagad-Guru or Master of the Universe. Whatever Shree Krishna did, He did with full focus. Deep eating, deeply loving and deeply protective. Total enjoyment, total love and total protection, these are the great actions of Shree Krishna, which people term as Leelas. In reality, these are not leelas, rather these are normal pastimes of Shree Krishna. He gave a message to do everything with full dedication and concentration. Control yourself to fully utilize your energies. Do not leave any scope for any deficiency. Shree Krishna taught humans to become action-oriented. He stated – “As a turtle completely protects itself within its shell by shrinking its entire body, similarly a person should have complete control our his senses. Nothing should be fragmented. ”
Whatever you do, do it with full dedication. Immerse your entire body and complete spirits within it. What has happened to humans these days? The man has become more miser in the race to become a God, a sage, or a wise-man. Shree Krishna said – Complete surrender, with no reservation, hesitation or concealment. It is not necessary to surrender to someone else. Surrender yourself in your own actions. Whatever work you consider relevant, do it openly, with full dedication. Devotion, Sadhana, Service, Meditation, Austerity, Friendship, Family or Love, whatever you do, do it with total dedication. Do not do anything with half-heartedness or half-energy. What happens? A person performs something, however his mind is engrossed elsewhere. How will he obtain success in his endeavour? Shree Krishna clearly advises – Do candidly, with full understanding and complete dedication.
Shree Krishna and Indra incident –
Once Mother Yashoda was worshipping Gods, and was offering food to God Indra and other Gods. Shree Krishna asked her if Gods will physically come to take this food. Yashoda replied – The Gods get satisfied with just thoughts. The Gods are very powerful. They grant a big boon when They are happy, and give a lot of trouble when displeased.
Shree Krishna said – This sounds very strange, and ate the entire plate, the entire food being offered to God Indra. He said that the Gods get satisfied with just thoughts, I shall eat it completely. Mother Yashoda became very angry. Lord Indra also became angry. It rained heavily from the sky. Vrindavan got stricken with rain, hail and thunder.
Shree Krishna said – No worries. Come let us all work together to protect Vrindavan, to protect our cows. He collected everyone together and lifted the big Govardhan mountain.
You know that even Indra had to bow to Lord Shree Krishna and recognize the divinity of Lord Shree Krishna.
Krishna – Embodiment of Human Innocence –
In fact, Shree Krishna is the only God who continuously and constantly tried to become a human, and He got complete success in this endeavour. Who is Shree Krishna? It is a form of a normal-innocent human. Like an innocent-normal person, he ate a lot, loved a lot, taught to love, protected everyone, guided during the religious-war, demonstrated great sacrifice with complete detachment and became known as Yogeshwar.
Enjoyment of pleasures in life with a detached feeling converts this enjoyment into Yoga. Therefore our Shree Krishna is – Yogeshwar Shree Krishna, JagadGuru Shree Krishna.
Teachings of Shree Krishna – in today’s world –
The life Gospel of Shree Krishna, His actions, and His words are eternal. Each action of Shree Krishna is instructive, inspiring, invigorating and meaningful in every era. Shree Krishna’s words are still relevant in this internet era of the 21st century. It is said that the present era is the era of great competition, where everyone is engaged in the rat race. Management is the biggest key. The main religion of this age is to race ahead of the others. The following ten teachings of Lord Shree Krishna are highly relevant in this age.
- Shree Krishna had thoughts and ideas for every situation at every front. He did not follow the old treaded path. He changed his role according to the situation, and became Arjun’s charioteer in the Ethical-war inspite of being the king of Dwarka. This enabled Him to guide at every step.
- A friend is one who accompanies you through difficult circumstances. There are no conditions in friendship. You should have such friends in your life, who support you in difficult situations, and you do the same for them. Shree Krishna continued His lifelong friendship with the Pandavas, and supported the Pandavas through each of their difficult periods.
- The great Mahabharata warrior Arjun learned from Guru Dronacharya, but kept on improving his skills based on various experiences. He even followed the instructions of his friend Shree Krishna. Every student should obtain knowledge from his teachers and keep on learning from his successes and failures.
- Always be happy, why do you worry unnecessarily. Shree Krishna repeatedly stated this in Geeta – “Why do you worry unnecessarily? Why do your fear unnecessarily? Who can harm you?”
- The core rule to run any organization is to stay within the discipline. Do not worry about anything? Concentrate on the present instead of on the future. Shree Krishna has repeatedly explained this fact.
- Shree Krishna is called as the best strategist. It is true that the Pandavas would not have won the war without Shree Krishna’s strategy, and there is always a need to modify the strategy according to the circumstances. It is important to make a strategy for any competitive exam, or for success in business; and it is necessary to evaluate and accordingly modify the strategy.
- Shree Krishna taught that the strength is more necessary during difficult times. It is wise to keep up the strength in absence of success. Evaluate the defeat, and move ahead. One who has conquered fear, can win everything.
- Every narrative of Shree Krishna stresses that a person should be a visionary. One should keep a distant vision, instead of immediate, short-term goals. One should continuously try to achieve that distant vision.
- Life is not always straight. One cannot achieve victory just by following the straight paths. If the competitors are strong, then one should act diplomatically. Diplomacy in this life means- use of sweet-talk, bribery, punishment and intrigue. Shree Krishna used all these four methods. First he tried to explain, then gave a greed, then caused a split among Kauravas, and in the end, gave them punishment.
- What is friendship? Learn this from Shree Krishna. When Shree Krishna saw the poverty of Sudama, he gave him everything without Sudhama asking for anything. Therefore there should not be any distinction within the friendship.
You will always get inspired, in whatever form you study about Shree Krishna. Raasleela, wisdom of Geeta, the great Mahabharata war, all of it is connected with our life. It is instructive and highly inspiring.
Shree Krishna is Jagadguru, the Master of the universe. He is the provider of wisdom, He is the best personality to emulate for leading life.
Krishnam Vande JagadGurum.