17 October 2017
Dhanvantari Arogya Kavach
Journey from Wellness to Immortality
The health related surveys indicate that one-third of Indians above the age of 30 suffer from lifestyle related diseases. They are suffering from diseases like abnormal levels of blood-pressure, sugar, thyroid etc. In a country where the Vedas proclaimed the truth of “Sarve Santu NiraamyaaH”, such health surveys certainly presents a very horrific picture. What is the solution to live until ripe old age, remain fully active and continue on the religious righteousness patḥ?
There is a beautiful stanza in Swasti Vaachan –
Bhadram KarnebhiH Shrunuyaam Devaam Bhadram PashyemakshabhiryajatraaH |
SthireirangaH Geistushtuvaam Sastanoobhivryashem Hreem Devahitam YadaayuH ||
i.e. Our ears should be able to listen well, our eyes should be able to see well, we should be able to observe good things happening around us, and we should be able to attain the age of Hundred years granted by Lord Brahma through our healthy senses and healthy body.
The journey of our lives is a travel from wellness-health to immortality. An energetic mind exists only in an healthy body, and this combination leads us to perform our actions. However the high prevalence of diseases has contaminated today’s environment. The more cures we find, the higher the number of diseases. Even small children have started suffering from major diseases.
Undoubtedly the Allopathic system of medicine does not treat the diseases, rather it subdues the symptoms of the diseases. The body becomes healthy automatically over the passage time, on the strength of its internal immune-antibody power.
Ayurveda which is hundreds of years old science has the real cure for the diseases. The word “Ayurveda” is composed of two words- “AayuH” (Age) + “Veda” (Treatise). It is also known as the Veda of life, and according to the Puranas, Lord Dhanvantari is the founder of Ayurveda. It was formed on Kartik Krishna Trayodashi, which is also known as Dhan Trayodashi.
Some interesting facts about Lord Dhanvantari
- Lord Dhanvantari originated at the time of the churning of the ocean. Lord Dhanvantari appeared after the churning. Undoubtedly Lord Dhanvantari grants the blessing of longevity and immortality, i.e. His blessings propel us towards the path of immortality with a healthy body.
- Lord Dhanvantari is a form of Lord Shree Vishnu. Diseases terminate just on uttering His name. Lord Dhanvantari is the doctor of the Gods like Lord Kuber is the treasurer of the Gods. He keeps Them away from the old age and other diseases. Lord Dhanvantari explains the importance of health in this form.
- When Lord Dhanvantari emerged out of the ocean-churning, He was adorned with a Conch-shell and Chakra like Lord Shree Vishnu. He had an urn of divine nectar-elixir in one hand, while his other hand had a leech (Kaluk). The leech have played a major role in Ayurvedic medicines.
- Lord Dhanvantari gave the guidance of Ayurvedic science to Sushruta, son of Vishwamitra, for the eternal life of the Gods and for the health of mankind. The basis of Ayurveda is Dhanvantari Samhita, a composition by Lord Dhanvantari for the complete eradication of diseases.
- Mantras have a special role in achieving health and wellness. The Dhanvantari Samhita states that if a person wears Vishesh Arogya Dhanvantari Kavach sanctified and consecrated through the Shiva Amrit Mantras, then that person can easily obtain riddance from all sorts of complex diseases. Lord Dhanvantari has stressed on prevention more than the cure. He has explained how a person can stay healthy. He has described how to create and live within an influencing circle of Mantra-Tantra which actively prevents any disease from reaching him.
Lord Dhanvantari provided a Mantra consecrated and enlivened-sanctified “Dhanvantari Kavach” to each of His Rishi, disciple and common-public. He described the Pran Sanjivani Vidya to his disciples.
Dhanvantari Arogya Kavach
Aham Hi Dhanvantariraadidevo JaraarujaamrityuharoSmaraanaam |
Shalyaangmagerapareirupetam PraaptoSsmi Gaam Bhuya Ihopadeshtum ||
Lord Dhanvantari created the medicines in the form of Amrit holy nectar to grant Ajaraah (riddance from old age), AmaraaH (riddance from death) and NiraamayaaH (riddance from diseases-illnesses) to Gods, thus liberating Them from all types of sorrows-maladies. This Kavach has been prepared with the same divine Mantras of Lord Dhanvantari. It is a complete health shield bestowing perfect-complete health, and the person wearing it always remains free from diseases.
The person wearing this Kavach always stays happy, enthusiastic and full of passion. His work-capacity enhances and the diseases do not bother him.
Wearing of this Kavach consecrated with divine Arogya Mantras is a fortune of life itself. Gurudev has imparted energy into this Kavach through His own distinctive power-Shakti and mantras. The wearer of this Kavach always receives good health through divine blessings of Gurudev. The Dhanvantari Arogya Kavach has been enlivened through special mantras of Lord Dhanvantari. This Kavach creates a circle of healthy influence around the wearer-Sadhak, and continues to provide unlimited energy to the Sadhak.
If a child is suffering from any kind of disease or frequent falls prey to illness, if he or she gets epileptic fits, gets afraid of haunted ghosts or repeatedly gets fever, then such children should definitely wear this Kavach.
You may wear this Kavach on Dhanvantari Jayanti or on the Trayodashi (13th) day of the Krishna (Dark) Paksha(fortnight).
On Dhan Trayodashi, clean and purify your worship-altar place in the morning. We perform two main tasks on Dhan Trayodashi. First we worship the new books of annual accounts. Secondly, we invoke and worship Lord Dhanvantari to obtain good health.
First, take water in your right hand, pray for good disease-free health, and drop the water on the ground. You should pray for your own good health if you are performing this Sadhana from yourself. Otherwise if you are performing this Sadhana for someone else, then you should pray in his or her name.
Setup “Dhanvantari Arogya Kavach” on a seat of flower in a plate. Offer Kumkum (Vermilion), Kesar (Saffron), Abeer (colourful dye), Gulaal (colour) and Chandan (sandalwood). Dhoop (incense), deep (lamp) and Agarbatti (stick incense) should definitely be lit in the worship-place. The environment should be fully fragrant-aromatic.
Now, take a rose flower in your hand and offer it on this “Dhanvantari Arogya Kavach” and invoke the Lord Dhanvantari, the Lord of the health of the Gods. Say the following words in your own mind – “Hey Lord Dhanvantari, please remove all illnesses-diseases from my family, and please provide the most excellent age, strength and perfection to all members of my family.”
Thereafter offer flower on Kavach meditating on Lord Dhanvantari –
Satyam Cha Yen Niratam Rogam Vidhutam,
Anveshitam Cha Savidhim Aarogyamasya |
Goodam Nigoodam Aushadhyaroopam,
Dhanvantaree Cha Statam Pranamaami Nityam ||
After meditation, chant the following Dhanvantari Mantra 108 times –
||Om Ram Rudra Roganaashaaya Dhanvantaryei Phat ||
Offer a petal of flower after each mantra chant. After completion of the Mantra-chanting Anusthaan, the Sadhak should wear the Kavach in his/her neck or arm in red thread. If you have setup the Kavach for a child, then you should take the resolution in his or her name. The child should definitely wear the Kavach if he or she is more than 5 years old. Chant the above Mantra 21 times daily till the next Krishna Trayodashi. Wrap the kavach in a yellow sheet of cloth between two fistful of rice, and drop in a flowing water stream.
Sadhana Materials – 600 / –